Broken Blood Vessels
Broken Blood Vessels
Broken blood vessels, also named “spider veins”, or Telangiectasia, occur when veins become dilated or enlarged, just beneath the surface of the skin. Telangiectasia is a common skin condition that usually affects clients in their 40s, 50’s and 60’s.
The condition is where widened blood vessels cause threadlike red lines or patterns on the skin, these lines usually appear slowly over a period of time and usually in small clusters.
They develop and can appear anywhere on a person’s body, but they’re more common on a person’s face and legs. Although harmless, broken blood vessels can become a nuisance if they make you self-conscious and can affect a person’s self-esteem.
There are many causes of broken blood vessels on the face.
Some of which are as follows:
- Heredity and genetics. For unknown reasons, spider veins tend to run in families.
- Pregnancy. An increase in estrogen hormones during pregnancy can lead to broken blood vessels.
- Pregnancy-related spider veins heal on their own after delivery. Skin changes are common in pregnancy.
- Excessive sun exposure can enlarge your blood vessels. If you get a sunburn, the top layer of skin may peel and temporarily make some of the blood vessels in your face more noticeable.
- Weather changes. Hot weather increases blood vessel dilation.
- Environmental or chemical irritants.
- Alcohol consumption. Moderate or occasional alcohol consumption can cause your skin to flush due to the enlargement of blood vessels. Binge drinking and heavy alcohol use can eventually lead to spider veins.
- Injuries. Minor to significant injuries can lead to bruising. With bruises on your face, broken blood vessels may also be noticeable.
How Aesthetics of Liverpool can help?
At Aesthetics of Liverpool we have a vast portfolio of treatments, suitable for this condition, all of which are safe and effective and an ideal solution for this condition.
Short Wave Diathermy for Broken Blood Vessels is the first-line treatment.
Short Wave Diathermy treatment involves the use of a fine-tipped sterile needle through which an electrical pulse is transferred. Following treatment, the vein withers disperses and becomes less noticeable.
Results vary from client to client depending on the size and location of the Spider Vein and multiple treatments may be required to achieve optimum results.
Clients will notice results immediately. Short Wave Diathermy has a 99% success rate following multiple treatments.
At Aesthetics of Liverpool, regardless of the reason, we have high efficacy treatments that will address this issue.
Other treatments for broken capillaries include a variety of appropriate laser treatments, our Medical Team will assess your own presentation and will take the time to talk to you to establish your desires to establish the best, method of treatment.
How do I book a consultation?
At Aesthetics of Liverpool our Clinical Team consist of experienced leading professionals. We will work closely with you to listen carefully to your concerns, understand what route you are comfortable with and all in all we give assurances that we will compose the very best treatment route personalised to help you get started on your journey to feeling like the best possible version of you.
To book your consultation with us, please call Aesthetics of Liverpool on 0151 203 1393 and we will look forward to welcoming you.