DERMAL FILLERS Liverpool
Dermal Fillers are a popular non-surgical treatment at our Liverpool clinic and are used for softening fine lines and wrinkles. They can also add volume to lips and contour the face.
Dermal Filler & Anti-Wrinkle Treatments
As we age skin begins to sag and fine lines and wrinkles start to appear as underlying collagen and fat begin to break down. Combined with local anaesthetic Dermal Fillers are injected into the skin to pushes out lines from underneath, plumping the skin and allowing it to appear smoother and firmer.
At Aesthetics of Liverpool we only use Dermal Fillers composed of Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic Acid is naturally found throughout our bodies, in our skin, joints, bones and eyes therefore when injected into the skin it is naturally absorbed by the body meaning results appear natural and are not permanent.
Every client has a different vision of what they want their end result to look like. Dermal Fillers come in different levels of thickness, the thicker the product the deeper it will be injected into the skin to plump out deep lines, fill scars or plump lips.
Dermal Fillers are known for delivering outstanding results, after treatment results are visible immediately and last between 6-9 months.
Dermal Fillers Before & After
Related Fillers & Botox Treatments
Dermal Fillers FAQ’s
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid has been nicknamed by press as the ‘key to the fountain of youth’. It exists in all living organisms,in the human body it is a natural component of the skin and is present in connective tissue throughout the body. Hyaluronic Acid occurs naturally in the deeper layer of skin where it keeps skin smooth and plump.
How do Dermal Fillers differ to Botox?
Dermal Fillers are inherently different to Botulinum Toxin commonly known as ‘Botox’. Botox contain Neurotoxins and work by weakening muscles to minimise lines and wrinkles. However Dermal Fillers do not contain Neurotoxins and are based of Hyaluronic Acid, a naturally occurring substance in the skin. Dermal Fillers are also completely reversible therefore are an excellent low-risk option for those wishing to seek an introduction to injectables.
What areas can we treat effectively with Dermal Fillers?
Dermal Fillers can treat a wide range of skin issues such as:
- Frown Lines
- Tear Through
- Cheek Enhancement
- Non-surgical Rhinoplasty
- Nose to Mouth Lines
- Filtrum Column
- Perioral Smokers
- Facial Scars
- Lip Shaping
- Marionette Lines
Are there any side effects to Dermal Fillers?
The are some side effects listed below these will be discussed in your initial consultation.
- The level of discomfort experienced by a client is dependant on the type of filler being used and the area being treated. The nose and lips are known to be a more sensitive area, the client should only experience a mild discomfort and anaesthetic can be used to ensure the client is full comfortable.
- A slight bleeding after the needle has been inserted into the skin is the first and most common side-effect.
- If you have a history of cold sores or fever blisters in the treated area, filler injections may cause them to break out again.
- Bruising, Redness,Tenderness and swelling commonly occur around the injection site, these side effects usually take 2-3 days to subside.
- On rare occasions clients can have an allergic reaction to Dermal Fillers, meaning redness, swelling, itching, hardness and bumps can occur in the skin. These side effects can last several months.
- Additional side effects include infections and discolouration or change in pigmentation.
- Dermal Fillers are normally tolerated well by clients however rare serious risks include scarring, blurred vision, partial vision loss, blindness, necrosis.
- Allergic Reactions may lead to severe reaction (anaphylactic shock) that requires emergency medical help.
What happens after treatment?
After treatment many clients are able to resume their day to day activities immediately, however side-effects from Dermal Filler and common therefore it is imperative to follow all aftercare instructions to obtain maximum results without complications.
- The most common side effects include tenderness,swelling, bruising, pain,redness, discolouration and itching at the injection site. It is recommend to use iced water soaks or ice packs to help reduce swelling. The reactions normally appear shortly after treatment and may last between 7 to 14 days.
- Avoid activities that cause excessive perspiration such as, the gym, sauna’s etc for 48 hours as you risk sweating the Dermal Filler out.
- Avoid any form of makeup, Facial or Spa treatment as again this may cause the Dermal Filler to spread causing adverse effects.
- If you determine that the discomfort is severe or if the site gives rise to other conditions, such as oedema or prolonged swelling contact the clinic immediately.
- Most side effects will resolve with time, some side effects may persist longer than 30 days, in this case you are usually referred to your GP whereby antibiotics or steroids may be recommended. The risks associated with Dermal Fillers are low, but it is important to be aware.
- If you have any concerns no matter how big or small contact your practitioner immediately we will be happy to advise or invite you into the clinic to discuss any issues you may be having.
Are Dermal Fillers the right treatment for me?
Prior to any treatment you will be invited to the Aesthetics of Liverpool Clinic where we you will be able to discuss your areas of concern and what you are hoping to achieve from your treatment. We will then be able to establish if Dermal Fillers are the correct treatment for you.