DERMAL FILLERS Liverpool
Dermal Fillers are a very popular non-surgical treatment here at our Liverpool clinic. From softening fine lines and wrinkles to adding volume to lips and sagging skin, they can totally transform your face.
Dermal Filler & Anti-Wrinkle Treatments
At Aesthetics of Liverpool, we love dermal fillers. They are a quick, efficient and affordable way to help our clients achieve a more youthful, glowing look while still being natural.
What are Dermal Fillers?
As we age, skin begins to sag and fine lines and wrinkles start to appear. For firm, tight skin, we need high levels of collagen and underlying fat. However, as we age, this base begins to break down. This loss of volume is a natural part of ageing; but, it can leave behind unwanted changes to our skin. Such changes can be deep lines from the nose to the mouth, known as nasolabial folds, and perioral lines around the mouth.
Ageing is also a natural process; factors like sun exposure and smoking can also make our faces look less youthful and older. You may have noticed that your cheeks look flatter and have lost their fullness or that the skin around your mouth is less firm. All of this combined can work to make us look older and more tired. Dermal filler injections can fight back against deeper wrinkles, add more volume to sagging areas and produce results similar to a facelift without surgery. You can look as much as ten years younger with dermal fillers that have been administered by a professional!
We also have clients who are perhaps younger and haven’t begun this ageing process. Nevertheless, they still want a more feminine, defined or slimmer look for their face. In these cases, fillers can really help. Combined with a local anaesthetic, Dermal Fillers are injected into the skin to push lines out from underneath, plumping the skin and allowing it to appear smoother, firmer and more defined. Every client has a different vision of what they want from their end result. Dermal Fillers come in different levels of thickness; the thicker the product, the deeper it will be injected into the skin to plump out deep lines, fill scars or plump lips.
At Aesthetics of Liverpool we only use Dermal Fillers composed of Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic Acid is naturally found throughout our bodies. It is in our skin, joints, bones and eyes therefore when injected into the skin it is naturally absorbed by the body meaning results appear natural and are not permanent like other alternatives.
Dermal Cheek Fillers
Dermal cheek fillers are very popular at our Liverpool clinic. Our experienced practitioners expertly place the filler into the cheek tissue to create defined, plump cheeks to help you look much younger. By treating volume loss in the cheeks, you can also correct other issues that have been caused, such as nasolabial lines to retain a feminine and slim face.
What results can I expect from Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers treatment is where filler composed of Hyaluronic Acid is injected into the area of the face using a fine needle. This process can greatly enhance your facial features and plump out and fill in fine lines and wrinkles. Dermal fillers can help add volume to cheeks, smooth and contour the face and correct shallow and deep lines and wrinkles.
The results vary from person to person, but you will start to see changes in your face after 14 days due to the filler needing to settle. After this, a further few treatments can completely alter the way you look. Most importantly, dermal fillers are an excellent procedure to undergo if you want natural-looking results. Then, over time, the treatment outcomes will only improve due to the stimulation of collagen and elastin production.
Just check out our before and after photos depicting the treatment in action!
Related Fillers & Botox Treatments
Dermal Fillers FAQ’s
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
The press has nicknamed hyaluronic acid as the ‘key to the fountain of youth’. It exists in all living organisms. In the human body, it is a natural component of the skin and is present in connective tissue throughout the body. Hyaluronic Acid occurs naturally in a deep layer of skin where it helps to keep skin smooth and plump. We use this in our dermal fillers as it is totally natural and can be safely absorbed by the body.
How do Dermal Fillers differ from Botox?
You may be asking yourself: “Should I get dermal fillers or Botox?” So, let’s take a quick look at the differences. Dermal Fillers are inherently different to Botulinum Toxin commonly known as ‘Botox’.
Botox contains neurotoxins and works by weakening our muscles to help minimise lines and wrinkles. However, dermal fillers do not contain these same neurotoxins. Instead, they are made up of Hyaluronic Acid, a naturally occurring substance in the skin. Dermal Fillers are also completely reversible, unlike botox. Therefore, this is something to consider if you are trying to decide between dermal fillers and botox. Dermal Fillers are an excellent low-risk option for those wishing to seek an introduction to injectables. For more information on Botox at our clinic, please click here.
Botox treatments are generally considered to be safe, but you could experience some side effects following a procedure. As Botox wears off over time, most side effects are only temporary anyway. These possible side effects may include:
- Dry mouth
- Flu-like symptoms
- Gallbladder problems
- Hives, rashes, or itching
- Blurry vision or other vision problems
- Drooping eyelid or brow if injected nearby
- Trouble swallowing, speaking or breathing
- Weakness of muscles surrounding the area of treatment
- Pain, bleeding, bruising, swelling, numbness, or redness
Very rarely, the treatment may fail due to antibodies that fight the toxin. We also advise you not to rub or massage the injected area as it could cause drooping muscle problems.
Dermal filler treatments, on the other hand, could similarly cause side effects. Those are highlighted in the section ‘Are there any side effects to Dermal Fillers?’ below.
What areas can we treat effectively with Dermal Fillers?
We can treat a wide range of areas with Dermal Fillers. Some of the more popular areas to treat include the lips, cheeks, and the nose bridge – we usually aim to add fullness and plumpness to these areas. We focus our dermal filler injections around the forehead, eyes, mouth, chin, neck, décolletage and hands for the smoothing and plumping out of lines and wrinkles.
Dermal Fillers can treat a wide range of skin issues such as:
- Frown Lines
- Tear Through
- Cheek Enhancement
- Non-surgical Rhinoplasty
- Nose to Mouth Lines
- Filtrum Column
- Perioral Smokers
- Facial Scars
- Lip Shaping
- Marionette Lines
How long do Dermal Fillers last?
Dermal Fillers are well known for delivering outstanding results. Results from Dermal Fillers begin to show immediately after treatment and can last up to 12 months (depending on the product used and the area treated). Lip fillers tend to last for a slightly shorter amount of time – around six months.
To give your filler the best chance of lasting as long as possible, there are filler aftercare steps you can take. For example, your dermal fillers will last longer if you look after your skin with sun cream and follow a good skincare regime.
In addition to this, for the best dermal filler aftercare, do not squeeze, massage or mess around with the treated area, as this could cause the filler to break down more quickly and mean you get to enjoy the results for less time. In areas of the face that we naturally move less, your fillers will naturally last longer.
How safe are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are used throughout the world every day and are very safe. In terms of the actual procedure, you will experience a mild discomfort. No one likes the feeling of an injection, but it is a small scratch as the needle goes in and then a slight stinging sensation will be felt as the filler is injected. We can use numbing anaesthetic to treat the area to help minimise discomfort.
Compared with invasive face lifts or implants, there are no cuts, stitches or incisions, so the small amount of discomfort is outweighed by the outstanding results.
Are there any side effects to Dermal Fillers?
There are some side effects listed below, and all of these will be discussed in your initial consultation.
- he level of discomfort experienced by a client is dependent on the type of filler being used and the area being treated. For example, the nose and lips are known to be a more sensitive areas; the client should only experience mild discomfort, and an anaesthetic can be used to ensure the client is fully comfortable.
- A slight bleeding after the needle has been inserted into the skin is the first and most common side-effect.
- If you have a history of cold sores or fever blisters in the treated area, filler injections may cause them to break out again.
- Bruising, Redness,Tenderness and swelling commonly occur around the injection site, these side effects usually take 2-3 days to subside.
- On rare occasions clients can have an allergic reaction to Dermal Fillers, meaning redness, swelling, itching, hardness and bumps can occur in the skin. These side effects can last several months.
- Additional side effects include infections and discolouration or change in pigmentation.
- Dermal Fillers are normally tolerated well by clients, however, rare serious risks include scarring, blurred vision, partial vision loss, blindness, necrosis.
- Allergic Reactions may lead to severe reactions (anaphylactic shock) that require emergency medical help.
What happens after treatment?
After treatment, many clients are able to resume their day to day activities immediately. However, small side-effects from Dermal Filler are common therefore, it is imperative to follow all filler aftercare instructions to obtain maximum results without complications. Afterwards there may be some swelling or bruising. The swelling fades within around 48 hours and the bruising can take up to a fortnight to fade.
- The most common side effects include tenderness, swelling, bruising, pain, redness, discolouration and itching at the injection site. It is recommend to use iced water soaks or ice packs to help reduce swelling. The reactions normally appear shortly after treatment and may last between 7 to 14 days.
- Avoid activities that cause excessive perspiration such as, the gym, saunas etc for 48 hours as you risk sweating the Dermal Filler out.
- Avoid any form of makeup, Facial or Spa treatment as again this may cause the Dermal Filler to spread causing adverse effects.
- If you determine that the discomfort is severe or if the site gives rise to other conditions, such as oedema or prolonged swelling contact the clinic immediately.
- Most side effects will resolve with time, some side effects may persist longer than 30 days, in this case you are usually referred to your GP whereby antibiotics or steroids may be recommended. The risks associated with Dermal Fillers are low, but it is important to be aware.
- If you have any concerns no matter how big or small contact your practitioner immediately we will be happy to advise or invite you into the clinic to discuss any issues you may be having.
Are Dermal Fillers the right treatment for me?
Prior to any treatment you will be invited to the Aesthetics of Liverpool Clinic where we you will be able to discuss your areas of concern and what you are hoping to achieve from your treatment. We will then be able to establish if Dermal Fillers are the correct treatment for you and guide you through all other treatment options to achieve your desired result.
Be sure to note that each variation of the Dermal Fillers treatment improves the appearance of ageing, wrinkling and sagging skin. So do not be disappointed by the extent of the first-time results as they do not reflect what can be achieved after multiple procedures. Also, know that each individual varies when it comes to Dermal Fillers. The number of injections you receive and the depth of insertion depends on the type of filler you request. Weigh the outcomes you want to achieve, and then get in touch with us!