Facial Contouring has fast become one of our most popular treatments! The treatment use’s Dermal Fillers to instantly restore natural volume to cheeks and create a defined facial contour.
Throughout life our skin and bodies change due to lifestyle and the ageing process. The face is one of the places where ageing is most noticeable whereby gravity causes muscle volume to decline, skin to loosen and wrinkles to develop.
We often meet clients at the Aesthetic’s of Liverpool clinic who have considered surgery, however its inherent risks and long recovery time are often deterrents for such procedures. Dermal Fillers however are a quick and effective procedure for those wanting to improve their appearance without going under the knife with results lasting up to a year.
Face Contouring is suitable for:
- Creating or restoring facial symmetry.
- Plumping skin and adding volume to reduce the signs of ageing.
- Creating a more defined facial contour.
- Correcting superficial lines and moderate wrinkles.
- Smoothing deeper lines and folds such as forehead grooves and nose to mouth lines.
Whilst this procedure is popular with our older client base we often treat younger clients who are looking to achieve high contoured cheeks and smooth plump skin.
Cheek Fillers FAQ’s
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal Fillers are soft injectable substances that come in the form of liquid or gels. They can be used to treat a number of conditions such as wrinkles, laughter lines and sagging skin. When injected into the Dermis or Subcutaneous Layer of the skin, they significantly improve the signs of ageing by replacing lost volume and filling out the space below the wrinkles, fine lines and cheek hollows. All of our Dermal Fillers are based of Hyaluronic Acid. HA based fillers work to repair the damaged caused to skin by ageing, as time goes on they are naturally broken down and absorbed by the body, meaning no injection is permanent.
What are Dermal Fillers made out of?
Our Dermal Fillers are made of Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic acid has been nicknamed by press as the ‘key to the fountain of youth’. It exists in all living organisms,in the human body it is a natural component of the skin and is present in connective tissue throughout the body. Hyaluronic Acid occurs naturally in the deeper layer of skin where it keeps skin smooth and plump.
How do Dermal Fillers differ to Botox?
Dermal Fillers are inherently different to Botulinum Toxin commonly known as ‘Botox’. Botox contain Neurotoxins and work by weakening muscles to minimise lines and wrinkles. However Dermal Fillers do not contain Neurotoxins and are based of Hyaluronic Acid, a naturally occurring substance in the skin. Dermal Fillers are also completely reversible therefore are an excellent low-risk option for those wishing to seek an introduction to injectables.
What should I expect during treatment?
Prior to Face Contouring you will have a consultation with an Aesthetics of Liverpool Practitioner where you can discuss your areas of concerns and your goals. The treatment itself will start with a Topical Anaesthetic being applied to the face, once the anaesthetic has taken full effect treatment will begin. Your practitioner will administer a series of small injections containing Dermal Filler to your cheeks to ‘fill them out’ and restore the appearance of youth.
Are Dermal Fillers the right treatment for me?
We would advise to allow up 1 hour treatment time.
What results should I expect?
Results are visible immediately and last between 6-9 months.
Are there any side effects?
The are some possible side effects listed below these will be discussed in your initial consultation.
- The level of discomfort experienced by a client is dependant on the type of filler being used and the area being treated. The nose and lips are known to be a more sensitive area, the client should only experience a mild discomfort and anaesthetic can be used to ensure the client is full comfortable.
- A slight bleeding after the needle has been inserted into the skin is the first and most common side-effect.
- If you have a history of cold sores or fever blisters in the treated area, filler injections may cause them to break out again.
- Bruising, Redness,Tenderness and swelling commonly occur around the injection site, these side effects usually take 2-3 days to subside.
- On rare occasions clients can have an allergic reaction to Dermal Fillers, meaning redness, swelling, itching, hardness and bumps can occur in the skin. These side effects can last several months.
- Additional side effects include infections and discolouration or change in pigmentation.
- Dermal Fillers are normally tolerated well by clients however rare serious risks include scarring, blurred vision, partial vision loss, blindness, necrosis.
- Allergic Reactions may lead to severe reaction (anaphylactic shock) that requires emergency medical help.
What happens after treatment?
Post treatment many clients are able to resume their day to day activities immediately, however side-effects from Dermal Filler are common therefore it is imperative to follow all aftercare instructions to obtain maximum results without complications.
- The most common side effects include tenderness,swelling, bruising, pain,redness, discolouration and itching at the injection site. It is recommend to use iced water soaks or ice packs to help reduce swelling. The reactions normally appear shortly after treatment and may last between 7 to 14 days.
- Avoid activities that cause excessive perspiration such as, the gym, sauna’s etc for 48 hours as you risk sweating the Dermal Filler out.
- Avoid any form of makeup, Facial or Spa treatment as again this may cause the Dermal Filler to spread causing adverse effects.
- If you determine that the discomfort is severe or if the site gives rise to other conditions, such as oedema or prolonged swelling contact the clinic immediately.
- Most side effects will resolve with time, some side effects may persist longer than 30 days, in this case you are usually referred to your GP whereby antibiotics or steroids may be recommended. The risks associated with Dermal Fillers are low, but it is important to be aware.
- If you have any concerns no matter how big or small contact your practitioner immediately we will be happy to advise or invite you into the clinic to discuss any issues you may be having.
What happens after treatment, will there be any side affects?
Prior to any treatment you will be invited to the Aesthetics of Liverpool Clinic where we you will be able to discuss your areas of concern and what you are hoping to achieve from your treatment. We will then be able to establish if Dermal Fillers are the correct treatment for you.