LIP PLUMPING AND SHAPING Liverpool
Lip Enhancement and Shaping is a non-surgical revolutionary method of plumping thin lips to add shape and volume without the need for surgery!
Lip Plumping And Shaping
Non-Surgical Lip Enhancement is a highly sought after procedure with all age groups. It is suited to anyone who is looking for their lips to have a fuller and more defined appearance. The procedure works by injecting Dermal Filler into the lips to create definition and volume.
At Aesthetics Of Liverpool we use Dermal Fillers composed of Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring substance that is absorbed by the by the body,using this form of filler helps to add volume shape whilst not being permanent.
Each client has a different vision of their results , during your initial consultation with an Aesthetics of Liverpool Practitioner we will discuss what you want your end result to be.
We can look at creating more volume, a fuller pout, a strong border or a more defined cupids bow, changes can be subtle or something more dramatic depending on the clients needs. Post treatment results are visible immediately and last between 6 to 9 months.
Lip Plumping And Shaping FAQ’s
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid has been nicknamed by the media as ‘the key to the fountain of youth’. It is a natural substance that is found in almost every single living organism. In the human body it is a natural component of the skin and is present in connective tissue throughout the body. Hyaluronic Acid occurs naturally in the deeper layer of skin where it keeps skin smooth and plump, when injected into the skin as a Dermal Filler treatment, it can add volume, as well as reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What should I expect during treatment?
A Local Anaesthetic will be applied prior to treatment, the procedure itself can cause some discomfort however the anaesthetic will significantly reduce this.
Your practitioner will administer a series of small injections containing Dermal Filler into the lips. The area of the lip that the Dermal Filler is injected into will depend on the desired effect the client wishes to have. Results are visible immediately and clients are usually able to go back to their day to day activities.
How long does Non-Surgical Lip Enhancement take?
We advise new clients to allow up to 1 hour for treatment, regular clients can be treated within 30 minutes.
What happens after treatment?
Prior to treatment many clients are able to resume their day to day activities immediately, however side-effects from Dermal Filler are common therefore it is imperative to follow all aftercare instructions to obtain maximum results without complications.
- The most common side effects include tenderness, swelling, bruising, pain, redness, discolouration and itching at the injection site. It is recommend to use iced water soaks or ice packs to help reduce swelling. The reactions normally appear shortly after treatment and may last between 7 to 14 days.
- Avoid activities that cause excessive perspiration such as, the gym, sauna’s etc for 48 hours as you risk sweating the Dermal Filler out.
- Avoid any form of makeup, Facial or Spa treatment as again this may cause the Dermal Filler to spread causing adverse effects.
- If you determine that the discomfort is severe or if the site gives rise to other conditions, such as oedema or prolonged swelling contact the clinic immediately.
- Most side effects will resolve with time, some side effects may persist longer than 30 days, in this case you are usually referred to your GP whereby antibiotics or steroids may be recommended,. The risks associated with Dermal Fillers are low, but it is important to be aware.
- If you have any concerns no matter how big or small contact your practitioner immediately we will be happy to advise or invite you into the clinic to discuss any issues you may be having.